Top Ten Causes of Dark Circles
Read this Article to know the most of the Home Remedies for Dark Circles which are especially recommended by users. First we will discuss about Dark Circles under Eyes.
Dark circles are not a medical concern, but they can be very annoying and embarrassing. Almost everyone gets dark circles under eyes at some time or the other, and they are usually temporary. They are the second highest dermatological problem.
Dark circles are socially very embarrassing - they make a person look older, tired, stressed and even depressed.
Causes of dark circles
A common misconception is that fatigue is usually the most common cause of dark circles.
- Instead, the most common cause is nasal congestion. When our nose is congested, veins that usually drain from the eyes into the nose become dilated and darker.
- Eyelid swelling during sleep is another cause of under eye circles. While lying down, gravity causes fluid to collect in the lower eyelids, creating the appearance of shadows below eyes.
- Can result from chronic skin conditions, such as atopic eczema.
- Dark circles can also be an inherited tendency - one of the primary causes
- Dark circles can result due to the natural aging process.
- Lack of sleep is another factor that is not really a cause, but makes them more apparent.
- Other causes include factors, which damage the skin, such as too much ultraviolet A (UVA) light or smoking.
- Pregnancy and menstruation make our skin pale. Many people associate dark circles with hormones - but dark circles are a non-hormonal problem.
- Allergies cause dark circles as histamine reactions cause dark smudges to appear under the eyes
- Lack of vitamins can cause dark circles under the eyes.