Causes of Dark Circles in Teens
Having dark circles under the eyes can be quite disturbing for most teenagers since teens are usually concerned about their body image. Teens are going through hormonal changes and dark circles only add to the issues they are already facing.
Here are 7 causes why teenagers get dark circles:
- According to most doctors, dark circles appear when the human body is stressed beyond limits.
- Teens can become highly stressed, whether by school or their social lives, and often this is a result of imbalances in their hormones.
- Allergies linked to grass, pollen, pets, dust, mold and/or hay fever can cause dark circles.
- Dehydration can also cause dark circles under the eyes. Water occupies almost every part of the human body and any decrease in water can result to sagging skin and dark circles.
- Lack of sleep can definitely be a culprit of dark eye circles. If a teen stayed up all night browsing the internet, computer radiation can also cause changes in the skin color underneath the eyes.
- Dark circles can also be a sign of anemia.
- More often than not, teenagers may get dark circles due to heredity.
If the reason behind the dark circles is stress, learn techniques such as yoga to help relax the mind. If the reason is dehydration or lack of sleep, drink plenty of water and adhere to 8 hours of sleep per night. Another option is Vivexin. Vivexin removes dark circles under the eyes and is an all-natural intensive eye cream.